The program is intended to produce high quality graduates who are intellectually and technically competent in building careers in various fields of statistics.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Provide basic understanding of statistical theory and analytical tools that can be used in statistics decision making process.
- Facilitate learners linking statistical theories and practice with a view to solving real life problems and contributing to socio-economic and community development.
- Promote understanding of knowledge of Statistics in all fields of Agriculture, Industry, Engineering, Environment, Banking, Social sciences and in which Statistics can contribute to a better understanding of scientific and social phenomena and enhance the quality of decisions and conclusions made on the strength of the statistical approach.
- Nature a stimulating academic environment through exchange and research collaboration with renowned scholar’s professionals.
- Cultivate principles of ethics and social responsibility in the mind set of students.
- Comply with employability needs to meet demands for high quality graduates.
At the end of the program the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate statistical concept, theories, models and data analysis techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of probability and the standard statistical distributions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fixed-sample and large-sample statistical properties of point and interval estimators.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the properties of parametric, semi-parametric and nonparametric testing procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform complex data management and analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply linear, nonlinear and generalized linear models.
- Demonstrate understanding of how to design experiments and surveys for efficiency.
- Demonstrate knowledge of classical and repeated measures multivariate methods and computational techniques.
- Make students engaged in independent learning through involvement in different research and project works.
- Exercise the qualities of scholarly attainment, sense of responsibility and accountability in the familiar, professional and social environment.
- Develop skills to handle independent research and deliver effective presentations.
- Expand the frontier of acquired knowledge through further independent learning and thus add to existing knowledge bank.